Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Sweet home Chicago

So I traveled to the windy city over the weekend to visit some fabulous friends and one who celebrated a big birthday. It was my second time there and I took lots of public transit: the "L" train from Midway to downtown, a few city buses, and even experienced my first ever Uber rides. 

I'm trying to think if I had any particular funny or special public transit stories. CTA truly seems to have their act together for the most part (or at least compared to what I'm familiar with).

The one thing I will complain about in Chicago and their more-than-a-century-old-train-system is the fact that they do not believe in escalators to get to the train platforms. Normally this wouldn't bother me, but does allow for some heart-racing and stress-inducing times when carting around a suitcase, since one has to leave straight from downtown to head to Midway on their last day in the city. (Well, it also didn't help the fact that that same person might have misread their boarding time and their flight actually left 45 minutes earlier than they originally thought -- stupid Central Time!) So, yeah, you definitely get your cardio in if you take the L at any point during your day in Chicago -- add in the suitcase full of dirty clothes, there's your strength training too!

If I think of any other good stories, I'll post some, but for now, I'll leave you with some photos straight from the iPhone.

Auditorium Theatre

Art Institute of Chicago

Ran along Lake Michigan


Views from downtown



Musician at Clark/Lake station, downtown

Chicago Theater

Took an architecture boat tour!






And, ate my Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream in an actual scoop shop in Southport!



No comments:

Post a Comment