Wednesday, September 3, 2014

I paid good money...to stand...and wait.

Yup, you read that correctly. I paid $2.15 to stand on the platform at Judiciary Square for 10 minutes. Train never came. No trains came. I check the app on my phone -- no trains to Glenmont. No updates from WMATA in my e-mail. I need to catch my MARC train out of the city. So I leave the station after asking one of the station managers if they know anything. I get blank stares. A train could have pulled up in the next 30 seconds. I wasn't waiting to find out. I decide to walk to Union Station and do make the 5:40 train home. 

Yet, even now, I continue to wait. I'm currently sitting on a stopped train on the bridge over I-270. Le sigh. I'll make it home eventually.

I paid good money to stand and wait today. That could have been some Starbucks tomorrow morning. Blarg.
Some graffiti art on the train overpass on I-270. Still glad I wasn't in a motor vehicle.

No comments:

Post a Comment