Friday, January 23, 2015

The woes of commuting and losing weight

This week I've relied solely on caffeine and the good merits of my career to get me through. A huge exhibition opens at work this weekend and with that comes tons of events and hopefully lots of successful fundraising (that's what I do, PS) and donor cultivation. 

With that, I'm proud to say I've stayed on track with my clean eating for the month of January -- which meant no refined carbohydrates in my diet. That is: no breads, no pastas, nothing with exorbitant amounts of wheat in it, no sugar or sweets (although I allow myself one icee-pop after dinner each night), no (white) potatoes and limiting my dairy intake. (My husband likes to call it "Paleo-lite".) Since the first of the month, I have lost almost 7 lbs, so I'm taking this as a win all around (the goal is 15), but with that comes some woes for commuting...

Passing the Crumbs Bake Shop in Union Station daily is torture, but oh-so-satisfying when I don't let them taunt me and the scale reflects that.

 I'm with you, Dog.

Passing the Sbarro's shop as well, is difficult -- if nothing else, my college days should tell me that eating there is NEVER a good idea, but oh, the smells...the smells!

Oh, sweet, sweet bread. I do miss you.

Drinking so much water that you have to allow more time to get to the train because more pit stops have to be made more frequently. Ugh, stupid bladder.

I've been there, Forrest. Just replace the Dr. Pepper with 15 waters.

Finally, when you lose weight, your pants/tights/hosiery get looser - yay! When you walk as much as I do during a commute, that's not always a good thing. You've never truly lived until you realize how uncomfortable it can be to walk close to a mile with your tights almost down past your rear-end and nowhere to stop and fix them.

 Whoops!

But the good news is, I'm losing weight, so I'll deal with these problems if it means being healthier, fitting into all my clothes better and continuing to feel fit!

Yeah, I've got my tight pants...somewhat.




No comments:

Post a Comment