Monday, November 10, 2014

Today's post brought to you by: RUNNING

I know it's not a form of public transit, (officially) but you CAN get from point A to B by running!

This weekend I ran the 10K Over the Bay (that is the Bay Bridge my friends -- you know that almost 4.5-mile monster over the Chesapeake Bay in Maryland?!) Anywho, it was my first 10K officially and I did pretty well--went slightly slower than I had hoped...had to walk for a minute or so after mile 1 since well, you know, the first 2 miles of the stinkin' race were uphill. I also stopped to take some photos once I got the middle of the bridge. So that's what I'm chocking up to my slower than anticipated time. 

Probably the best photo with runners and the bridge in silhouette. 

They also posted videos of your finish online today. I cross the finish line around 5 seconds and am in the short sleeved white shirt. But what made me and my husband laugh, is that I kept running, like I was headed to another race! oh man...

The body is sore today, but I'm hoping to keep up the training and perhaps do a 10-miler in the spring! And using my walks to and from the train/station, to add to my training. So, see, that's how this blog had something about Public Transit in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment