Monday, November 3, 2014

Whoops! And, a theory.

So Friday was Halloween and my awesome boss let our department leave a bit early to beat the Halloween traffic, yea buddy.


My point of this part of the blog is as I was leaving work early, I got so distracted and excited, I almost went the wrong way on the Red line, as if I were headed to Union Station to catch a MARC train. That would have been OK, except for the fact that my car was parked at the Shady Grove metro station and ONLY if I had realized it before the Rockville stop on the MARC train would I have been OK. Again, thankfully I caught it before I got on the initial Metro train. AND, I ended up getting to my car and to the gym much earlier than if I had taken MARC to Rockville and then gotten off to transfer to Metro. So, yay!

Also, I have a theory and I'm pretty sure it's accurate...theory is:

If a Metro platform is in the center at the station (and the trains are on either side), the doors of the train will always open on the LEFT side. If the Metro platforms are on the sides (and the trains are in the center), the doors of the train will always open on the RIGHT. 

So far, I'm finding this true on the NW side of the Red Line -- haven't been able to test it on other lines as much, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Happy week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment