Friday, March 13, 2015

MARC train has multiple personalities

How's that for a headline? Well, it happened this morning on the MARC train into work. 

I've been bragging about riding on the new MARC double-decker train cars this past week or so and love the new features. So, I was on one again this morning (and yes, those plugs ARE under every seat I've sat in, so far!). As the train pulled into Union Station, in WASHINGTON, D.C., I noticed something out of the corner of my eye that looked like "NJT" on the electronic scrolling screens, on the inside of the train. But then it flipped back to saying something about MARC. Proof below.




Then all the the sudden, the automated recording comes on the loudspeaker, telling all us WASHINGTON commuters "Thank you for riding the New Jersey Transit." Well, that woke everyone up and if you were really groggy, hungover, or just not with it, you might have actually thought you were arriving into Newark, NJ for a New Jersey Devils game (no idea why I chose that team, other than the fact I remember passing their arena on my few Amtrak train trips into New York City, which rides parallel to the NJT for a bit, if I remember correctly). It was hilarious. And probably was a "you had to be there" kind of moment, but still, it made my morning!

Clearly, the Maryland Transit Administration will need to update that, but I'm still a fan of these cars and hope I get to ride on them daily...which if I keep taking the 7:11 one out of Germantown in the morning, it appears I will! 

So, Happy Friday to all and hope you have a weekend as happy as this puppy is! 

No comments:

Post a Comment