Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Idiots

So this week, a video of two women in Indiana has been all over the news and how they ALMOST GOT HIT BY A FREAKIN' TRAIN. I'll say, if you believe in an almighty God, or some-sort of higher power, you better believe these oh-so-smart women had someone up there on their side that day. 


That being said, each and every day, if I have a choice, I ALWAYS walk over a bridge or through a tunnel to cross the tracks for my commute. There have been a few times when I have to cross the actual tracks on foot and youbetterbelieve I am looking both ways at least twice and hauling tail (but not running, since that can lead to trippage...see paragraph below) to get across ASAP. 

I have seen on more than one occasion, people idiotically (when they have a choice to cross the tracks via bridge or tunnel) run across the tracks right before a FREIGHT TRAIN goes by, or even once, when a woman fell at the Rockville station, splayed across the tracks, AS THE TRAIN WAS PULLING INTO THE STATION. That one made me sweat, but someone thankfully helped her up in time.

Needless to say, I'd rather miss my train than to play chicken with anything that can squash me going 35mph. The women in the video above deserve every charge against them -- they're lucky to be alive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment